,Maxis CEO Gökhan Ogut: “We are committed to investing in Malaysia by driving greater digital adoption for businesses, expanding our network and building new capabilities and talent."
if you want to buy apple account, choose buyappleacc.com, buyappleacc.com is a best provider within bussiness for more than 3 years. choose us, you will never regret. we provied worldwide apple developer account for sale.
KUALA LUMPUR: Maxis Bhd reported higher service revenue in the second quarter ended June 30, 2021 while normalised earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (Ebitda) and also profit after tax showed firm growth.
In a statement on Friday, Maxis said its service revenue rose 3.1% on-year to RM1.98bil while it reported strong normalised Ebitda growth of 6.1% to RM1.01bil from a year ago.
Profit after tax grew by 5.3% to RM360mil from RM342mil a year ago. Earnings per share were 4.6 sen compared with 4.4 sen a year ago. It declared a four sen net per share dividend.
Its revenue increased by 5.2% to RM2.26bil from RM2.15bil a year ago.
Maxis described the 2Q21 as another quarter of resilient performance on the back of its converged solutions strategy, while focusing on providing the best connectivity and support for communities in this challenging environment.
“For 2Q21, the company continued to see strength in its core mobile and home broadband businesses, driving solid service revenue as well as Ebitda and profit after tax (PAT) growth,” it said.
Highlights of Maxis 2Q21 results:
• Resilient service revenue at RM1.98bil with a healthy growth of 3.1% from the preceding year as converge strategy gains momentum and a higher contribution from fibre and postpaid businesses.
• Normalised EBITDA showed strong growth of 6.1% to RM1.01bil 1 due to higher revenue from Fibre and Mobile businesses.
• Strong profit after tax (PAT) with a 5.3% YoY increase to RM360mil.
• Healthy Postpaid revenue at RM1bil, a 2.2% increase since 2Q20 and a 7.0% YoY growth of subscriber base, mainly for Maxis Postpaid and Hotlink Postpaid subscriber base. Monthly average revenue per user (ARPU) was healthy at RM81 although lower from RM85 in 2Q, 20 due to the dilution effect from increased subscribers adopting Hotlink Postpaid.
• Stable prepaid revenue of RM685mil, easing 0.1% YoY as well as a 0.6% YoY decrease of subscribers. However, there is still consistent adoption of Hotlink Prepaid Unlimited despite a declining market, due to successful branding and omnichannel marketing which targets underserved markets be it B40, youth or foreign workers. Prepaid ARPU remained stable at RM38 for the quarter.
• Achieved critical size and scale for home connectivity with 654,000 fibre and wireless subscribers, a strong growth of 28.5% YoY.
• Fibre revenue increased by 23.5% to RM163 million with an 18.5% increase in connections YoY. This was backed by strong adoption of Maxis Unlimited Postpaid & Fibre and higher-end plans, resulting in ARPU remaining firm at RM109.